Thursday, April 17, 2014

THINGS PART 3

Oh man, I know that challenges say that you can make as many card entries as you like but....posting 3 in a row is so many kinds of awkward   >.>

But here I am with my third card. I actually have a really good reason for it! I was going to try a different sketch or a different inspiration but I realized that because my cousin (whose birthday is coming up in 3 weeks) is a twin I had to make another card similar to it and I couldn't use the first CAS(e) this Sketch! card because I wanted to give that to my other cousin/their older sister. (It just seemed like the kind of card I'd give to that cousin. Honestly, I don't know why I have such control issues over who gets which card. Just add that to the list of things that's ADORABLY weird about me. ADORABLY weird. Not to be confused with the list of things that's just-legit-batshit weird about me. That's a much longer, scarier list.)

I had a lot of trouble coming up with an idea for this card. I wanted to do something like card 2 (the circles) but I couldn't think of anything that wasn't just a copy of it. And I thought I could try doing something like card 1 (with the flower picture grid) but, again, everything I came up with was just another copy. Then I figured I'd try a mix of the two.

This card had no outside inspiration challenge influence over colours, I just decided that since I couldn't have a stampocalypse on card 2 then I'd have to do it for card 3 and I pulled all of the stamp pads The Sister had! Funny enough it's got a similar colour theme as card 2/Curtain Call's confetti crush.

Here's CAS(e) this Sketch! #72 again:

And here's what I got up to!

*FUN FACT* musical selection for this card was "Wake-up Call"
unfortunately not the one by Maroon 5, the one by Hayden Panettiere.
It's NOT a good song but it's hella catchy.
Though to quote the internet, "You know what else was catchy? THE PLAGUE"
This card makes me think of New York at night. Don't know why it just does. And because it's "New York-y" to me it's earmarked for my cousin in California! (If she lived in New York it'd match better but hey California = USA and New York = USA so po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Or to get mathematical for y'all :
If A=B and B=C then A=C! ...that's the right example, isn't it? I can't remember. It's been so long since I took a math course so honestly I could just be talking out of my ass)

*FUN FACT* I LOVE this black card (the background). It's so deep and dark and everything I wish my soul were. 

-That's it for CAS(e) this Sketch! #72 cards :) Stick around, I've got a Mojo Monday card coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, another great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a cool card. Love your negative hearts on this cool paper. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this Sketch challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete